About a month ago, Carlos and I attended a game changing event called Success Resources America
It was created to help people identify and breakthrough the hidden challenges that hold them back from reaching their full potential in their relationships, finances, health, fulfillment and so much more.
We attended this event with the intent of learning and continuing to grow in both our personal and professional lives so that in turn we can share our findings with our ElevatedPost audience.
We learned from top leaders in the industry like Shark Tank’s own Kevin O’Leary, The Profit’s Marcus Lemonus, the infamous Life Coach, and Tony Robbins from Netflix’s, “I Am Not Your Guru.”
The experience overall was well worth the investment and I personally wanted to share with you all my notes from the event so you too can gain from our experience.
Here is a snapshot of what we learned from the very best entrepreneurs in the game.
- Effective Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurs able to articulate opportunity in 90 seconds or less have a higher success rate of finding investors
- You need to be successful in convincing investors that you were the right team to execute the business plan
- Know your numbers and have a comprehensive understanding of your business models
- In business, when goals are met, moral goes up. Start with short term goals that lead to the long term goal in order to see moral go up within your business
- Don’t own a stock that doesn’t pay you a dividend
- Don’t take too much risk
- Don’t take on too much debt
- The Golden Rules of Investing
- Diversification is the only free lunch in investing, never have more than 5% in any one position
- There are 11 sectors in the S&P never own more than a 20% position in any one sector
- Never own a position that does not return capital
- Own at least 35% fixed income at any time including real estate
- Position preservation above performance
- Keep 10% in cash at all times
- People, Process, Product lead to a successful business
- Business success is about having a connection with your employees
- You need to learn how people are, what motivates them, what drives them
- In order to be successful you need to know who you are first
- Vulnerability is the key to success
- Respect yourself and others
- Failure is an absolute but the bad things are surmountable
- Be humble
- Read Give and Take by Adam Grant
- Your kids are paying attention to your every move. Your kids and employees are impressions by your behavior
- Knowledge is not power. Execution is
- Information with emotion is attained
- If you do what you have always done, you will get what you always have gotten
- Whoever you spend time with, you become
- The number one skill for leadership is influence
- Learn how to influence your own state of mind
- Change the way you move to change your state. Change your physiology.
- Emotion is created by motion
- Emotion is what makes wars, makes peace, makes love, makes hate
- You don’t get pissed off, you DO pissed off. You breathe shallow, frown, speak low and get mad when you are upset
- If you follow your stress it will lead you to your fear
- When you use all the gifts your Creator gives you, you will receive more of your gifts
- What you practice in private is what you are rewarded in public
- Success without fulfilment is the ultimate failure
- To be fulfilled you MUST GROW. The only thing that makes you happy is growth. Never stop growing
- What you get doesn’t make you happy. What you become will.
- Trade your expectations for appreciation. Focus onwhat you can appreciate and wil free your suffering
- You need to GIVE
Take the time to re-read these bullets and allow them to sink in. Carlos and I had to pay for this advice, however we felt it was only right to share it all with you for FREE. So please take advantage of this wisdom.
Tony Robbins said it best when he quoted,
“If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you’ll achieve the same results.”